Wednesday, December 22, 2010

We're Halfway There!

Ahh, Winter Solstice. The shortest day of the year has come and gone and all us SAD-ies SAD-ites those of us who suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder can heave a tiny sigh of relief knowing that the days are getting incrementally, infinitesimally longer.

I'm not sure how much of that I actually believe. My Dad has had SAD for years and had a special light that he used to sit under. Except that one year he just decided not to get it and didn't. We use special light bulbs at the hospital where I work to improve mood but I'm not sure that beyond relieving eye strain that they do much.

All I know is it's frickin dark! I get up and drive to work in pitch black, and I punch out in the middle of the afternoon and drive home into the setting sun. It's just good to know that living like a coal miner is only a temporary condition and it won't be long now until we're out of the woods.

Subscribe

1 comment:

Irish Gumbo said...

Thta is good to know. I can't recall having been so excited about the winter solstice as I have been this year.

Come on, daylight!