Wednesday, March 31, 2010

We've Been Reduced To Eating Cat Food

It's not as bad as it sounds. We have a sick kitty and after a dose of antibiotics the vet suggested we boil some hamburger and rice to feed him to help bulk up again. I was in charge of the operation and made a large portion so I wouldn't have to make more later. At the time I thought with a smirk that it would be funny to feed some to the baby or if the whole family wound up eating it.

The very next night we were strapped for dinner ideas so out the stuff came and we had at it. Here's the recipe:

- Saute one chopped onion in olive oil
- Add a quart of canned tomatoes, juice and all
- Add appropriate amount of burger/brown rice (cat food)
- Cook a while, season to taste and enjoy.

I used some sea salt, white pepper and a pinch of oregano. As cat food goes I'd have to say I highly prefer my version to some of the dry cat food I ate on various dares in college. The kids ate it with a minimum of complaining and that's an item in its favor as well.

Subscribe

2 comments:

Irish Gumbo said...

That does sound just fine. And with minimal complaints? That's dinnertime gold, man!

Lino Kumiko said...

Brown rice is healthy. :) I think_._
Hahaha! Good luck.
http://linokumiko.blogspot.com