Thursday, March 18, 2010

Say It Again

This. Does. Not. Suck.

Every once in a while I take a look around and think about all the possibilities of life. It's not good to spend a whole lot of time thinking about the might-have-beens and the could-have-dones but it's worth the occasional mull. Job choices, career moves, all of that stuff.

Thing is though, for most of my life it has been my top priority to get married and raise a family in my home town. It took a long time for that to float to the forefront of consciousness, but it finally got there and I've pretty much got it covered now. (See wife and four kids growing up in the house my grandparents used to own which is just up the street from where I grew up. I win.)

I deleted this paragraph four times trying to get it right, so here it is, short form:

I slave away to earn every dime we spend, The Missus slaves away to make every morsel we eat and my kids think things like home schooling and raising chickens on a town lot are normal. I can wear a kilt to work and get away with it. Rock stars and high rollers ain't got nothin' on me.

I. Win.

Subscribe

4 comments:

Nydia said...

You and the Missus rock life pretty hard. We love you guys.

Pamela said...

damn skippy.

Irish Gumbo said...

You not only win, you crush, dude!

And honestly? I'm just a teensy bit jealous. No kilts for me :))

JoAnna said...

Love this post and look forward to more reading.