Thursday, February 25, 2010

BlogHer Dream

So the other night I had a dream that I was at BlogHer, in a bar with my Out-of-town Wife, Jen from Steenky Bee and my real wife The Missus from Dayton Time. Did I mention we were in a bar? Yah, OK. So the whole goal of the evening seemed to be just to get back to the hotel for Lord Sakes. I don't know why but we were trying very hard to get there.

The problem was that everywhere we went there was this guy in a suit telling us we needed to be at a meeting. The guy looked just like the gangsters in Buggs Bunny cartoons. Tall, wedge shaped, in a brown suit with a fedora pulled down over his eyes and a stubby cigar clamped in the corner of his mouth. In fact, now that I think on it he was actually a cartoon in the dream.

So no matter what bar we went to, there was this guy urging us to get to that meeting when all we wanted to do was get. back. to. the. hotel. for Lordsakes. I must have still been on that kick the next day because I actually started snooping around to find out if I could go along to BlogHer.

But then I found out The Missus was rooming with three other girls, one of whom was Steenky and the bite marks still aren't totally healed from that whole State Trooper Incident last summer so I decided it wasn't worth the hassle. Sorry to get anybody's hopes up but The Mister will not be attending BlogHer this year. Too much estrogen anyway.

Subscribe

4 comments:

Irish Gumbo said...

Well, who am I going to hang out with then? Aww, mannn...

steenky bee said...

HEY! You and the Irish guy up there need to get social passes to the events. I already emailed him to see if he was too chicken not to come meet a whole lotta women. This dream? Sounds fortelling. I'm nervous and excited and nervous all over again. I promise to behave. You need to talk to the Missus and round up a gaggle of menfolk to visit the festivities.

Pamela said...

i told you that you should talk to the gumbo and make man plans.

Aaron Thomae said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.