Thursday, May 7, 2009

Running Late

I never got on board with the Random Tuesday thing but here's my late entry. It's only Thursday right?

Just when you think you've bottomed out... actually, bottoming out would be nice because usually bottoming out is just an expectation of discovering another sub-basement for me ...you find yourself on the up-swing.

Or maybe it's just that you've finally managed to slog all the way back to the top of the hill and you get to jump on the sled again.

Right now I'm not any more or less tired than I usually am. I'm about as scruffy and smelly as I can possibly get. My job is still ridiculous but it's been this particular flavor of ridiculous for long enough that I'm starting to feel like I've got a handle on it. My kids have taken the craziness up several notches and in that reached a new level of cuteness.

And most importantly, my wife appears to me now even more beautiful and wonderful than ever, which is odd because she's finally caught The Sickness. Likely the blog post that prompted all her followers to go on at length extolling her virtues didn't hurt her image. Her public revelation of some very bad stuff in her past is the thing that's really got me right now though. It wasn't even so she could "work through it". She did it out a completely selfless desire to help other people who have been through it too.

Yeah, even when it's bad around here it's pretty good. And it looks to be getting better.

Finally.

Subscribe

2 comments:

Pamela said...

and it will all be perfect when you smell like a daisy.

ChurchPunkMom said...

glad to hear you're on the upswing. ;)