Friday, April 3, 2009

Two By Two

There's quite a bit of fisticuffs between my two young men. Ever since lil H-Bomb was old enough to throw a punch it's been on. It had gotten so bad a few months ago that when Sis complained about one of them pulling her hair The Missus just shouted from the kitchen, "Hit 'im!". (She didn't... well trained that one)

The squabbling that goes on is particularly irritating because when it's H-Bomb doing a snatch-and-grab it's usually only a matter of seconds before he's done with whatever he grabbed. As adults we just have to keep reminding ourselves that the Short People don't have whiskey coping skills, nor are they adept at taking the long view of things.

The thing that really makes my blood boil though... the thing that no amount of reasoning can sort out for me is the screaming that takes place over the items that we have two of. In particular there are a pair of giant Tonka dump trucks, big enough for the boys to lounge in and give each other rides. The only minute difference is in the color of the hood ornament and yet great disputes rage over possession of the one "dats my fav-o-wit cuw-er".

So I'm resolving to just let the little buggers angels sort it out themselves. No amount of parental intervention seems to get them straightened out. I'm willing at this point to see if letting them just hammer on each other will drum some sense into their wittle skulls.

There. With that off my chest I'm ready to pour a cocktail and watch my infant son (who has not yet developed mad street fighting skills) do cute baby things in his sleep. G'nite.

Subscribe

6 comments:

ChurchPunkMom said...

I'm a big fan of coping skills myself..

and round these parts, them boys gotta figger things out fer themselves too. ;)

Irish Gumbo said...

Whiskey, yes, that helps. For you, not them, of course. Like my dad did with me and my bro, he just let us beat the snot out of each other until we wised up.

Oh, and don't forget the earplugs :)

mo.stoneskin said...

You could always try out whisky on the short people, what's the worst that could happen? They go to bed early and you all get some quiet!

steenky bee said...

My 18 month old girl is a terror (much like you) When she reaches age two, we're letting her and her four-year old brother wrestle in a cage on the front lawn to establish dominance. It's the only way.

Jill said...

WE have those SAME trucks, and OURS have the SAME slight differences to them. on has a small blue sticker, the other a red one. Damn Tonka! Anywho, the beatings have gotten pretty rough around here too. No black eyes yet. But that Cameron sure does know how to push Hayden's buttons. Ear plugs I totally need ear plugs!

'That Girl' said...

This happens in my neck of the woods too - Just this morning Mr. Mustang picked up 2 identical cinamon rolls and, apparently, in the process of handing them to the backseat one of them turned magical or something and 3yr old HAD.TO.HAVE.IT. Of course, that's the one his brother was already eating..We made his brother swap ...because, yes, we're those parents - those weak, give-in,desperate in the early morning parents.

Did this help?