Thursday, April 30, 2009

Looking For A Unique Title

Today suuuuuuuuuuuuu-uuuuh-uuuuh-ked. I'm not even going to get in to all the crap that got dumped on me at work cause I'm starting to realize that I can really ruin a party that way. I got word from a few close friends (and a few close friends from far away) that they were putting in a good word with the Most High for me and mine. That and the continued reinforcement of the advice to focus on the good.

Only one person barfed at my house today. That's GREAT! The Short People are acting somewhat charitable toward one another again. SPECTACULAR! The Missus and I are finally gaining some ground on the housework. She's been battling the laundry with some help from my Mom and I've suddenly found motivation to scrub things. (I think Target puts some good stuff in the Method cleaners. Hope it's not habit forming... or maybe I do.)

I've got a gig tomorrow. Nice. After a total debacle two weekends ago I could totally use one that goes right. And now the big news. I gave my buddy in Nashville a call about mixing at a stage at Cornerstone in June (it's a big Christian music fest that's basically the who's who of the industry). I'm in. To quote the guy, "Jonny, you need to come to Cornerstone with us, hand out a thousand business cards and quit your day job when you get back."

Between that and a number of other opportunities that are popping up locally and on the road it looks like I could be burning through the time off I've racked up at work this summer. It's making The Missus nervous for me to be talking about freelancing again so I'm not hanging my hat on anything just yet. It is a pretty sweet daydream to think forward to the day when I can tell my boss off and grab my tools but realistically that's likely still a long way off.

The simple fact that I can rely on though is that God provides. If it takes surviving through two awful jobs to finally get to the point where he can put me where the deepest desires of my heart will be met then I can hang on a bit. Meanwhile I'll just be praying about help making good decisions and asking the praying type folk that I know to put in a word for The Mister as well. To all that already have, thanks, and good night.

Subscribe

7 comments:

Irish Gumbo said...

"If it takes surviving through two awful jobs to finally get to the point where he can put me where the deepest desires of my heart will be met then I can hang on a bit."Change "two awful jobs" to "two 'effed up life crises" and, brother, I could have written that. You must have been channeling my vibe...

Good luck, man, I'm pulling for you. I know the Big Man and I are at odds a bit, but i'm asking Him to help you put, just the same.

Peace,
IG

The Mister said...

Dude, did you just manage to pray without getting struck by lightening? The Big Guy must be feeling charitable! Double thanks to you sir, and consider those life crises prayed for as well.

ChurchPunkMom said...

Yep. God provides.

Seriously, man.. it's a little freaky how similar the crap you're dealing with is to stuff we've been through and are going through.. aside from the illness. We've not yet been subjected to chronic illness (I'm thinking that has something to do with not being given more than we can handle or something..).

Anyway. We'll keep praying for you, brother. It would be sweet to see each other at Cornerstone.. but being without a vehicle and no end to that in sight.. I have doubts as to whether or not we'll even get our money's worth out of our BlogHer tix.

Suuuuuuuuuucks...

mo.stoneskin said...

Mate it's nice to read of better things. Especially less barfing. The Big Man always provides.

Jill said...

PSALM 134:7 "DELIGHT YOURSELF IN THE LORD AND HE SHALL GRANT YOU THE DESIRES OF YOUR HEART!"

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Mister said...

Thanks Cuz.