Monday, April 27, 2009

Dear The Missus

Dear Wife,
Watching two of our friends fall in love, start dating and all of that has jogged something loose with me. I miss my wife. We're so busy with work and the kids and so run down by all the stuff that we do. It seems like such a long time ago that we were just young and crazy in love. Admittedly going on tour for three months after we'd only been married for two and getting you knocked up fifteen minutes after I got back wasn't exactly the best family planning in history, but it's been working out all right.

Even though I know that work is only going to get more insane, and so are the kids I want you to know something. Despite being exhausted to degrees I never knew were possible I'm still crazy about you. It's not the zingy new romance stuff it once was but it's there. I. Am. Deeply. In. Love. With. You. Babe.

I had no idea what love really was until I held our first child and looked over at you. I didn't have a clue about selflessness until I watched you with our kids. I still don't think I know enough about being a husband to really be the guy you deserve, but I'm not going to stop trying until I get there.

When you smile it's just the best thing ever. Your eyes still flash just like they did over that first cup of coffee. When you pay me a compliment I still feel like a seventh grade boy down inside (that part of the zingy stuff hasn't worn off I guess). So here's the idea. I try to find a way to get more done around here, and make more money so we worry less, and you try not to do way too many things and bog yourself down and maybe we'll find some time to pretend like we're young and in love again. Naaaaah. It'll never work. I am going to try and kiss you like I mean it at least once a day though. Because despite sounding all greeting card, you are the light of my life, sometimes the only light I see.

Love you Babe.
-Your Mister

Subscribe

8 comments:

Jim Styro said...

A comment hardly seems necessary.
Since you expressed yourself so beautifully, I will only say: With stuff like this, I predict you get to stay married a long, LONG time.

ChurchPunkMom said...

That was beautiful.

You're one lucky Missus, Pamela. ;)

steenky bee said...

Oh dear, I feel like I just read something personal. That was the sweetest thing ever. I must look away. I am blushing. You two are so sweet.

Julia said...

OMFG I'M GONNA CRY!!!!!!!!!! That's just so awesome.

Pamela said...

You people who already commented? Y'all are correct.

I love you, too.

Pamela said...

Well, I love you people, too, but I wasn't directing that particular I love you to you. It was for the Mister.

Just clearing that up.

mo.stoneskin said...

Lovely letter, now all you need is the missus to stop by your blog...

Jill said...

*Big Sigh*