Saturday, March 28, 2009

Elliott Samuel Dayton

Elliott Samuel Dayton
9lbs 0oz
6:12 am

This is our newest Short Person getting his "Rough Morning" photo taken on the warming table, still wet. I got woken up around 5:30 and told it was time to go. We shook Miss O awake and were at the hospital by 5:54. I snagged a wheelchair and breezed right by admissions. We hit the L&D and charged down to a room. They had an ER doc speed up there to catch who was telling The Missus to hold off on pushing. Yeah right! After about five minutes of hard labor, she pushed twice and he was out just as the midwife walked in.

The quote of the day, from the nurses' desk, "I guess we can have a baby without paperwork!"

Everyone is resting comfortably and I'm even taking a gig tonight that I got a last minute call for. It's a place I've been wanting to get my foot in the door and could lead to some regular sound work. (The Missus was excited about it too, it's allright.)

8 comments:

tiffany said...

Congratulations to all of you!!

mo.stoneskin said...

Congratulations, hope everyone is well and not too tired.

I found Guinness was great post-baby comfort.

Irish Gumbo said...

He is AWESOME! Doggone it, you made me cry and it's not even 9:00 yet...oh, man, beautiful, just beautiful...I am so happy for you all!

That made my morning, and I am positive it made yours! Is it too early for a Guinness toast?

Congratulations, Mister and Missus and tribe! :))

ChurchPunkMom said...

Yay, baby!!

Eglin Clan said...

Yeah Mommy! (And Daddy! You go with that wheelchair!) Nice work you guys, beautiful baby boy!

Ree said...

Congratulations Dada!!!!

Guess THE PLAN worked, eh?

cIII said...

*highfive*

blissfully caffeinated said...

As usual, I am in awe of your amazing wife. She is a baby deliverer extraordinaire and I am jealous of her mad skilz. Congrats to you all!