Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Family Is Gross

My family... is gross! They all have colds, and pink eye, and The Missus is suffering from some additional, as-yet unnamed malaise that is about nine tenths of the way to doing her in. I think Miss O will be ready to go back to school tomorrow, which is real good. Between Christmas break and the additional time off cabin fever was really doing a number on her.

The boys, despite leaking from every orifice, are still just as nutty as ever if not more so. Today's diversion was to find every possible container of toys and dump them out. The endure forced labor to clean them up... and dump them out again. The Missus is going to need anti-psychotic meds if that goes on again tomorrow. I'm on a first name basis with the pharmacist these days though, so no big.

The major wonder of it all is that despite feeling totally bushed (which really is pretty much a constant feature of my life) I'm not getting in on any of the misery. Likely I'll start coming down with all of it about 10 am on Friday and work my way through it in time to get back to work next week. That's usually the way it goes for me.

Anyway, here's hoping that you and yours are fairing better than me and mine.

Subscribe

4 comments:

ChurchPunkMom said...

Watch out! those anti-psychotics are pretty $$.. I know... we can't afford them.

Daniels5 said...

Isn't that always the way it is! Here's one for hoping you don't get it either!

Irish Gumbo said...

Dude, fingers crossed, we are doing okay! Sorry to hear about the plague of goop. I thought I had an extra hazmat suit around here, but I can't find it. How about a box of Hefty bags and some swim goggles?

Oh, and your pharmacist isn't a guy named 'G-Rock' works out of a pimped up Ford Focus, is he?

No? Okay, good. Why am I asking? No reason, really, just curious...

Pamela said...

Please don't get sick.