Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Din Of Dinner

I never could have guessed that dinner at my house would ever get to be as loud as the rock concerts where I ply my trade. Over the years I've developed a pretty keen ear for how loud things are and within a decibel or two I can safely say that it was easily 95 dB at my table this evening.

After a long day of finally being back to school for Miss O, and a long day of punching each other in the face for J-Man and H-Bomb, food was just not going to go down quietly. Eventually, after half an hour and not very many bites it just deteriorated into a massive BOO-YAH! fest. Not that it's a bad thing. After a good yell, the Short People had suddenly found the capacity to shove a little food in. My poor Missus is still suffering from some ear maladies however and she was feeling pretty rough.

That's it for non-fiction. I tried my hand at a little fiction over at Simple Terms. This one's a little heavy handed. But in the spirit of trying to improve my writing I'm just throwing anything that comes to mind out there. I've got another story brewing that came from a vivid dream I had a few years ago. It's pretty dark though, I may have to release it with a disclaimer.

Anyway, I'm bound to get called in the wee hours of the morning to go plow snow so it's a short one tonight. Tune in next time when you'll hear Nurse Piggy say, "What was that Mister thinking, reading blog posts on his iPod when he should have been watching where the plow was going!"

Subscribe

2 comments:

Pamela said...

my ears are still ringing and it's tomorrow already. those people are unbelievable.

Irish Gumbo said...

What? WHAAATT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU, MY EARS ARE BLEEDING!

Let's just hope it doesn't reach the same level as that infamous Who concert years ago, that just ain't safe...