Monday, December 22, 2008

Early Christmas Present



Tis the season to be giving and as much as I have received from all the blogs I read, I wanted to give a little something back. So here's my award. It's not for anything in particular, just for doing what you do and writing about it for me to enjoy. There aren't any rules for this award, just copy the code to throw it on your blog and pass it along to anyone you like.





Here are all the people that I read as often as they post. Some are heavy hitters with hundreds of readers, some are friends and family members that are only read by a few. Merry Christmas to all of you and keep up the good posting.

I'll start with the list of people who receive top billing on my blogs due to their extraordinary writing.
  • the dayton time Because she is my Missus and she writes about stuff that happens at my house in a way that makes me want to check in every day. (Not to the house, to her blog)

  • Embellished Truth and Polite Fiction Because Church, Punk and Mom never sounded so sweet together and her multi-part posts keep me coming back day after day.

  • THE WIND IN YOUR VAGINA Three words: Black. Hockey. Jesus. Says is all.

  • Mama's Losin' It Because June Cleaver with a beer and a smoke is the kind of mom I want to read about.

  • Hey You! Remember Me?! Because she is the all time Queen of the serial post. She is also currently MIA. Our thoughts and prayers are with you thatgirl, where ever you are...

  • i am bossy Because nobody can get away with posting in the third person quite like Bossy.
And now the list of bloggers that I know in real life, who also blog eloquently but have a different list because they've been to my house before. Here they are in no particular order:
  • The Daniels 5 Because my pretend cousin Jill cracks my shit up... and she likes my fiction... and she's of the McCarthy Clan.

  • Beauty in Distress Because this babysitter turned into one of our grownup friends and because her blog is different.

  • small town values and a simple lifestyle Because she's another former babysitter that we're still good friends with... and she is also of the McCarthy Clan.

  • I'm just thinking outLOUD Because Green Panda and I are kindred spirits of the stage and she knows what I mean when I say, "Hail Poetry!"

  • Anth K, The Super Jew Because you do not mess with a Polish Gangster Jew, that's why.

  • Team Dudgeon Because some friends never become distant, no matter the distance.

  • relevant tech Because Kevin can't write, can't spell and doesn't believe in punctuation but has a blog anyway. You've got to respect that.

  • Welcome To My Life Because Sarahliz is my BIL's sweet girl and if they ever break up the whole family will likely side with her.

  • I Know Things Because my other BIL occasionally posts something funny.

  • The new home of Amalthea23 Because my friend from college has a life so dramatic that you just couldn't make this stuff up.

  • John Beckler Because that guy has been sharing elaborately constructed alternate realities of sketch comedy with me for years and his posts make me pee my pants.

Subscribe

4 comments:

ChurchPunkMom said...

awe... you're so sweet!! Thank you. :)

and I did not know you 'know' Beauty in Distress.. I follow her on Twitter! (and stop by her blog from time to time too. :)) neat!

Merry Christmas (and Bah Humbug), have a good one!

amalthea23 said...

Wow. I'm honored. Thank you :) I've put it up in my profile, because that rocks so hard.

Mama Kat said...

Would you believe me if I told you I've actually never smoked a cigarette. Smoke and mirrors folks, smoke and mirrors.

I have had a drink before though! In fact, I am rarely sober. Don't tell the kids.

And thanks for the award! I can't wait to check out some of these other blogs you listed!!

Black Hockey Jesus said...

Thanks, Mister. It still throws me when people do these things. In a good way. I'm just bad at accepting awards. It makes me smile. Thank you.