Monday, October 13, 2008

Laundry is SO not metal

I found myself, pretty exhausted, nearly at the end of my duties for the day. Children fed and nearly sleeping, toys put away, dishes washed, whiskers trimmed, just a little laundry left to fold. I found that I had the house to myself and that the laundry was within easy reach of the computer. So I did what naturally comes to any dad faced with folding a pile of underwear that belongs to a five year old girl...

I got on youtube and blasted metal videos for motivation.
  • Anthrax - Room For One More
  • Overkill - Spiritual Void
  • Pantera - I'm Broken
  • Slayer - Seasons In The Abyss
  • Slayer - Reigning Blood
  • Slayer - Stain Of Mind
  • Slayer - War Ensemble
It went on for about half an hour, then The Missus walked in the front door with a huge grin and wanted to know what that was all about. Too bad. I was about to go after some more Anthrax and click up Among The Living for the final push. But that kind of swung my perspective around and made me think about how much has changed and what's still the same. You can take the boy out of the mosh pit, yaddah yaddah yaddah.

Life is weird!

Subscribe

5 comments:

ChurchPunkMom said...

not metal???

is what you make it, brother. ;)

Pamela said...

Yeah. What she said.

The Mister said...

Huh... I guess I did make laundry pretty metal.

(YUNT dun dunt, YUNT dun dunt!)

Daniels5 said...

I'm partial to Gwar myself




just kidding, you know I love me some Randy Travis! (right Jackie)

The Mister said...

I thought for a minute that Brother Snipes was commenting from your computer, then I scrolled down.